About Me

My photo
A fun-loving, reliable friend...husband, father, brother; Calm and cool-headed...I have the most adorable and beautiful wife that I can ever ask of God, and the cutest, most adorable bundle of joy in our two daughters and baby son...

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Xmas '11 Hols and then back to work...

Wow, for the first time in almost 2 years I was able to secure leave and actually enjoy the Xmas holiday with my family. For the job role that I hold, I have to provide consistent and continual financial, administrative and logistical support to clients running various health programs. 2011 registered in my books to be the most hectic of work years to date, with so many changes happening- both within and away from the work place. I just couldn't afford to "pretend" to stay in office thru' Xmas, otherwise it would mean "Burn-out"!

Thank God, I was able to take off 5 paternity days, early Dec.11, following the birth of my cute baby son, after which I resumed work and delayed-not in applying for annual leave thru' the Xmas season. It was granted and the rest is history. I had a swell, fantabulous time with family and friends, and was actually able to adjust my waking up time to about 8.30am everyday. I thank God my girls were well aware that now daddy was not going to work- they let me sleep in til' late; no pitter patter or knocking on doors first thing in the morning...

And so, god saw us through the Xmas break and into the new year 2012..just had one day to count free, and then 2nd Jan.2012 was resumption of work!!! I almost failed to wake up because of the trend of just "sitting back and relaxing" for the past 10 or so days.

Nonetheless, I thank God that I've got a job to wake up to at 6am, and the best family to run back to at 5pm! There's a time to rest and a time to work. Whatever the challenge, there's nothing too big for God...and so we keep on nation building a.k.a working!

No comments:

Post a Comment